Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Next Chapter

I hope you are all enjoying chapter 11.  It was fun to write but the next chapters are giving be a hard time.  Writing about Nickie and Damian's relationship is difficult because I want her to be braver but it doesn't seem to be working out that way.  I'm also having a hard time with the way I'm portraying black men in the story.  I've been in an interracial marriage for twelve years but I still love black men.  There's something regal and special about a black man but sometime it takes the right woman to bring that out in them.  The characters in the next few chapters will show the brothah's in a better light (forgive the pun)  Thanks again for following 'A Love Like This.'

2 comments:

  1. I came across your book while looking for free books on Amazon. I am enjoying the book so far. I can't wait to read the next few chapters. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm still editing but it should be up later this evening and it will be free tomorrow. Thanks again for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete